The final piece to the puzzle. The most expensive of all the car services that Uber provides. Uber Luxury truly is that high end vehicle.
When you want an enjoyable, smooth, comfortable ride, doing so in style. You go for Uber Lux. A premium service for a premium price.
But, this also means higher fares for all those Uber drivers out there, or soon to be drivers.
This page will be dedicated to showing you what exactly the Uber Lux car requirements are to qualify to drive for Uber.
If you would like to see the car requirements for other Uber services just click below on any of the services you would like to drive for.
What Is Uber Lux
Uber Luxury (Lux for short) is the highest premium service Uber has for requesting a ride.
You truly aren’t in Kansas anymore.
The types of vehicles used for Uber Lux can be anything from a Jaguar to a Bentley to even a Rolls Royce.
If you have the money to spend for a Luxurious ride. This one be the one.
And of course, if you already own one these kinds of vehicles, now is the perfect opportunity to show off your flashy car while making money doing it.
Uber Car Requirements
Each Uber service has a different set of car requirements. Uber Lux has the highest requirements out of all the service.
Of course, this is also why you make the most money per Uber trip as well.
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must Have a U.S. Driver license for at least a year.
- You must have an in-state Drivers License.
- You must have in-state license plates
- Have current car registration
- Car Insurance reaching the minimal state requirements (Name must show on your policy)
- You must have a clean driving record.
- You must pass a criminal background check.
Uber Lux Car Requirements
Below is a list of the car requirements to qualify to be an Uber Lux driver:
- Model Year: Must be 2009 or newer*
- 2009 or newer: Indianapolis
- 2010 or newer: South Florida
- 2012 or newer: Los Angeles
- Body Type: Must be a 4-door vehicle
- Seating: Must comfortably seat 4 or more passengers
- Can be a sedan, crossover SUV, or full-size SUV (full list of eligible vehicles is available below)
- Must have commercial insurance
- Must have a TCP permit
- Must have a city-specific airport permit, when required
- Vehicle must be in excellent condition
- No marked, taxi, or salvage titled vehicles
- Must pass the Uber car inspection
* Car year requirements vary by city and are subject to change at Uber’s discretion.
Also, Uber Select is only in a few cities
Eligible Cars For Uber Lux
The most premium car service only deserves the most luxurious vehicles. Below I created a list of eligible vehicles in the Los Angeles Market.
Most cities don’t have the car service so I didn’t spend as much effort looking at different cities.
Always check with your local Uber rep. to see if your car qualifies for Uber Lux providing your city actually has the car service.
- Bentley- All 4-door models
- BMW-7 Series
- Land Rover- Range Rover
- Maybach- All 4-door models
- Mercedes Benz- S Class
- Mercedes Benz- G Class
- Porsche- Panamera
- Rolls Royce- All 4-door models
- Tesla- Model S
So there you have it. Those are the car requirements for being an Uber Luxury driver. This is the service that will make you the most money providing there is enough demand in your area.
Click on the link to claim your cash sign up bonus and start driving for Uber. If you have any questions leave a comment below.
This is the final page for all the Uber Car requirements. If you are ready to become a driver, I created a step-by-step guide for you on how to become an Uber driver. Check it out!