TaskRabbit is a unique company that connects customers looking for people to carry out tasks like handiwork, shopping, and deliveries to the relevant Taskers.
The same-day service platform was acquired by the IKEA group in 2017.
Led by CEO Stacey Brown-Philpot, TaskRabbit has expanded into 40 markets across the United States and the United Kingdom.
The company outsources Taskers who carry out the tasks required by the customers. The motto of the company is to “revolutionize” everyday work.
While everyday work is important and several tasks in the day need to be ticked off in the last, they also require time.
This is where TaskRabbit promises to step in.
The Taskers help with several kinds of odd jobs and errands so the customers can carry on with their day and have more time to devote to other things.
In this review, we’ll break down the TaskRabbit process and everything you need to know about becoming a Tasker.
How Does TaskRabbit Work?
TaskRabbit is an excellent app that allows you to make money with your car.
The service works in three steps:
- List your task: There are a variety of home services listed on the company’s website and app. The customer can choose whichever specific task they need help with and describe the day and time that will be convenient for them.
- Choose a Tasker: The customers then select a Tasker from the ones the service offers. The choice will be based on information about the Tasker’s hourly rate and qualifications. Once the customer and Tasker are matched, they can chat and coordinate directly on the app.
- Get the Job Done: The Tasker arrives and takes care of the job. Once the task is over, the Tasker raises an invoice and gets paid through the app.
All Taskers go through thorough identity and background checks.
Each task covers up to $1 million in property damage, so customers can book Taskers without any hesitation.
The service is a straightforward one to use. It relies simply on the transaction between a client and a Tasker and acts as the middleman to facilitate the job.
The following are some of the key features of the company:
The popular services provided by the company are usually home services.
For example, if the customer needs to mount a TV to the wall or if they need help moving, TaskRabbit can set them up with a Tasker.
Some of the most-booked services include:
- Handyman Services
- Personal Assistant
- Yard Cleanup
- Delivery Services
- Laundry Services
- IKEA Furniture Assembly
The entire list of offered services is provided on the website. Customers can also buy gift cards for friends and loved ones.
Becoming a Tasker
Those with certain skill sets and who work on a contractual basis can also sign up to be a Tasker with TaskRabbit.
It’s a simple registration process, followed by a background and competency test.
Once a person is registered as a Tasker they can start booking jobs with the service. The process is simple:
- The Tasker gets a notification about jobs nearby
- The Tasker selects the job they want to do
- Converse with the client via the app
- Complete the task and then raise an invoice for payment
The Taskers can also fix their own rates and choose the hours they want to work.
TaskRabbit Elite is a feature in the app that offers the services of the highest-rated Taskers affiliated with the company.
These elite Taskers are reliable and have never violated marketplace guidelines set by the company.
Customers can book elite Taskers just by finding the Taskers labeled elite during their search.
TaskRabbit for Good
TaskRabbit for Good is a way for the company and its clients to give back to the community.
There are several ways in which Taskers, as well as customers, can engage in social responsibility.
TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G) donates a portion of the service fee from all TR4G initiatives to select local non-profit organizations.
Taskers can sign up for TR4G tasks and clients can make donations too.
In a pilot program being conducted in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company is enabling clients to donate bags of clothes, books, etc. while booking their next task.
The feature is yet to roll out in other parts of the country.
Using the App
It’s an interactive app which allows Taskers to be approached by customers.
Taskers and customers can keep track of their accounts and payments and also look for services or potential jobs.
Like the website, the app also has a city-wise interface to narrow down services by city. Adding it to your list of rideshare apps is a choice you won’t regret.
Plans and Pricing
The prices are set by the Taskers themselves. After the customer fills in details of the task and location, the names of available Taskers will appear along with their hourly rates.
When the customer sees the hourly rate of the Tasker on the app or on the website, it includes the Tasker’s own rate plus 15% of TaskRabbit’s service fee.
The amount the Tasker will earn is completely transparent to them.
For example, if the customer is paying $100 for a task, $85 goes to the Tasker and $15 is charged as the TaskRabbit service fee.
A 7.5 percent Trust & Safety is also added to the task total.
Should the customer wish to tip the Tasker, it can be done online when the Tasker sends the invoice to the customer.
A few examples of prices provided on the site are:
- Handyman: $46 – $117 average
- Furniture Assembly: $47 – $119 average
- Moving and Heavy Lifting: $47 – $97 average
Pros and Cons
Having gone over the details of the company and what it offers, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of TaskRabbit for both Taskers and customers:
- Credibility: TaskRabbit is a reliable, legitimate way to make money and also get the job d0ne. It is a trustworthy service for both Taskers and customers.
- Versatility: There are a host of potential jobs to choose from, which means there’s a wide variety of offerings for both Taskers and customers.
- Simplicity: Not all tasks require professional qualifications or skills. For example, if the task is to stand in line at a restaurant or at the bank for a customer, the Tasker does not have to be specifically skilled. This means that there are all kinds of jobs available for Taskers.
- Ratings-based: The rating system is not only a way to boost the efficiency of the Taskers but TaskRabbit Elite also allows customers to get work done by the highest-rated Taskers.
- Convenience: It’s a convenient way to get mundane chores out of the way for customers.
- Service Fee: The 15% service fee charged by TaskRabbit can be steep for many customers. Add to this the 7.5% Trust & Safety fee, the customer is paying 22.5% over the Tasker’s hourly rate. Perhaps it would be cheaper to contact a Tasker directly if you had access to a pool of such people.
- Demand: Taskers may be compelled to work when demand is high or they will not make enough money. Even though the company says Taskers can set their own schedules, the demand of the market is bound to set it for them.
- Unpredictability: The money is unsteady for most Taskers and as is the nature of freelance work, the more work they get, the better they get paid. Taskers may have to be next to their phone or keep the app on at all times in anticipation of work.
TaskRabbit is a credible service that lets you utilize your skills and free time for profit.
And even if you aren’t professionally or technically skilled, the app has plenty of jobs that only require you to run basic errands.
The more tasks you complete successfully, the better your reviews will be, meaning people may be willing to pay even more for your services.
The company provides Taskers with the opportunity to grow their freelancing endeavors, whatever that might look like for you.
With the power to set your own rates and workload, you can easily make money completing to-dos with TaskRabbit.