Do you need to request a moving service for an hour from now, but want to avoid the hassle of calling a moving service just to find out they’re fully booked until next week?
Or, do you have moving experience and a vehicle that could be put to good use?
Look no further than GoShare’s extensive community of passionate delivery professionals.
Dedicated to providing quality moving experiences for customers, their moving experts pick up and deliver your precious cargo as if it were their own.
Often dubbed the “Airbnb of moving,” GoShare is the new kid on the block that’s keeping up with the competition.
With GoShare, even your smallest moving job is their biggest priority.
The goal of GoShare is to make deliveries of big-box, large, and bulky items as hassle-free as possible.
GoShare plans to own the largest network of vans and trucks in the world, and the company aims to empower people and provide a steady income to truck and van drivers so they can completely rely on GoShare.
GoShare is an awesome way to make money with your car. They have created a network where vehicle owners and those who require the vehicles can interact with each other and exchange goods and services. Known as GoShare Delivery Professionals, these drivers can earn money by lending their own vehicles to those who need them.
Using this method of collaborative consumption, GoShare aims to create a more friendly world.
GoShare aims to make the delivery experience as convenient as possible for those booking the services.
Faster delivery of products is the need of the hour, and GoShare has been working for three years to initiate plans that can reduce wait time as much as possible.
The team at GoShare has also been working on developing transportation for businesses that sell bulky items. GoShare claims that by partnering with them, their customers can save more than 50% of delivery costs.
With a large team of more than 1,300 people, GoShare promises its customers a competitive edge among the best in the business.
Led by CEO Shaun Savage and based in San Diego, CA, GoShare operates throughout the following areas (there are plans to expand further – possibly even internationally):
- Los Angeles, San Diego, and Orange Counties
- San Bernardino, CA
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- Atlanta, GA
- Miami, FL
- Phoenix, AZ
- Denver, CO
- Parts of New Jersey
How Does GoShare Work?
GoShare’s network acts as the Airbnb of moving.
With their unique platform people who need to move their cargo can get in touch with those who can do the job safely. One receives the needed services and the other gets paid for doing so.
Common job requests include furniture and same-day delivery along with hauling or courier services.
The delivery professionals can earn anything between $47.52 – $71.52 USD/hour, depending on the vehicle type.
GoShare drivers and GoShare helpers fall under this category. To become a professional you must provide moving equipment, such as a moving dolly, stretch wrap, ratchet straps, moving blankets, and bungee cords.
Hired drivers typically have prior experience as movers, haulers, or delivery drivers. A strong skill set for interacting with customers is necessary, since GoShare really values their customers.
All drivers must pass extensive background checks as well.
Customers simply enter the pick-up and delivery addresses, choose a vehicle, get a free estimate, and then track and pay the professional(s).
Features of GoShare for Drivers
There are several attractive features that come along with driving for GoShare:
- Be Your Own Boss: With GoShare, you have the luxury of being your own boss. There’s no one you must report to, so you can make work-related decisions without any pressure and truly make choices you believe are the best for your personal growth.
- Minimum Requirements: Any potential drivers must meet all basic requirements set by the company. For example, all drivers must be at least 18 years of age and all registered vehicles must be 2004 or newer. Drivers must also have a valid, state-issued driver’s license, registration, and insurance. Check the website for all listed requirements.
- Working Hours: Since you’re your own boss at GoShare, you don’t have to necessarily abide by any traditional working hours. Customers use GoShare’s cargo and delivery service all the time, so you can select the time and days during the week you wish to work.
- Move In and Out of Storage Units: Moving cargo out of a storage unit has never been easier. With GoShare, move your cargo in and out of a storage unit in just a few hours. Storage owners have to keep a lot of moving trucks, but GoShare provides vehicles on demand so you can stop maintaining that large fleet of vehicles.
- GoShare Helpers: Drivers and delivery professionals at GoShare use their own vans and trucks. But, sometimes GoShare needs vehicles that provide helpers along with the vehicles to load and unload cargo, among other tasks. A helper can get employed with GoShare without even owning their own vehicle.
Features of GoShare for Consumers
Just as there are many perks of partnering with GoShare for drivers, there are several advantages to booking with this company over traditional moving services:
- Vehicle Variety: With GoShare, you can choose the delivery vehicle since they offer vans on demand. The company connects truck and van owners to those who need their vehicle’s services. GoShare will also send a few delivery professionals to help you load and unload your items.
- Courier Services: GoShare has a unique proposition here – if there is something you need to send via courier, you can use the GoShare app on Android or iPhone and someone will pick up your cargo up within 30 minutes. If it can fit in the vehicle, GoShare will carry it immediately.
- Furniture Delivery: Free estimates are available online, and you can easily connect with GoShare via their app. They have a team of professionals to help you load, deliver, and unload your furniture. They can deliver the furniture up to 1,000 miles from the pick-up point.
- Hauling Services: GoShare has a team of professional haulers to help you get rid of old junk so you can clean out your storage unit or any part of your house. The team will transport the items to the recycling center or dump. The recycling fee is not included in your GoShare bill, though.
Plans and Pricing
With GoShare, you can earn in accordance with your vehicle type.
For a standard pickup truck, you can earn up to $47.52 USD/hour. For a large pickup truck or cargo van, you can earn up to $61.92 USD/hour.
For a box truck, you can earn as much as $71.52 USD/hour.
Even helpers at GoShare can earn up to $33.12 USD/hour. You’ll typically get paid within 3-5 days after completing a booking.
Pro Tip: Consumers can always get a rough estimate on GoShare’s website to know how much it would cost to move their cargo. Just enter pick-up and drop-off addresses and you’ll quickly get a rough estimate.
With all the features GoShare provides, there are certain advantages to booking their services.
Some of them include the following:
- Insurance Offerings: You can get all of your cargo insured and feel relaxed while moving your valuable possessions. Consumers are usually worried about the safety of their items while moving, but with GoShare’s standard insurance offerings, they can rest with ease.
- Track Delivery: You can easily track the delivery you have scheduled. With this feature, you can see exactly which route is being taken to deliver your precious cargo.
- App Availability: This is a huge pro of booking with GoShare. With just a few clicks on your mobile device, you can avail GoShare’s services in just a few short minutes. The app provides tons of features that enhance your overall GoShare experience, such as paying your bills online.
- 24/7 Services: GoShare services can be availed 24/7, but not all of them can be availed immediately. With certain services you must make a request in advance.
Although there are plenty of good reasons to utilize GoShare’s services, there are a few disadvantages that should briefly be mentioned.
Some of them include the following:
- Guarantee of Work: GoShare doesn’t guarantee work to its drivers. The amount of work available in your area and the vehicle you own is always a big factor in ensuring jobs.
- Background Check: Enrolling with GoShare does entail passing extensive background checks, and the cost is on you (generally $45 USD, and may cost $65 USD if you’ve lived in N.Y.).
- Moving Restrictions: Although GoShare professionals can accommodate the majority of moving requests, there are some restrictions. For example, people, weapons, illegal U.S. items, or anything valued at over $20,000 cannot be carried for any reason.
The Bottom Line
Want to save some serious cash on your moving job while also giving individuals the opportunity to support themselves and their families?
If so, choosing GoShare may be the best decision for you.
From a large fleet of vehicles to choose from to a myriad of attractive features for both drivers and customers, GoShare guarantees a hassle-free, convenient moving experience unlike any other.
GoShare’s unparalleled service options and mobile-friendly application give both long-time and potential new customers a reason to book over and over again.
Go ahead and request a free estimate online today to see how GoShare’s delivery professionals can make your life easier, one box at a time.